The following organisations have further information you may find useful:
- ASPP The American Society of Picture Professionals (ASPP) provides professional networking and educational opportunities for those who create, edit, research, license, manage or publish pictures.
- BAPLA The British Association of Picture Libraries and Agencies, or BAPLA, is the trade association for picture libraries in the UK and the largest organisation of its kind in the world.
- Creative Commons Non-profit organisation that increases sharing and improves collaboration.
- Intellectual Property Office The Intellectual Property Office can help you get the right type of protection for your creation or invention.
- PACA The Picture Archive Council of America is the trade organization in North America that represents the vital interests of stock archives of every size, from individual photographers to large corporations, who license images for commercial reproduction.
- PLUS Coalition The global non-profit standards body for the image licensing industries. PLUS is managed collaboratively by all industries involved in creating, distributing, using and preserving images.
- UK Copyright Service The UK Copyright Service is a well established copyright registration facility, which protects the work of thousands of copyright owners all over the world.
- US Copyright Office Promotes creativity by administering and sustaining an effective national copyright system.
- Visual Connections runs annual image expos in New York and Chicago, where image buyers can meet suppliers of stock and commissioned imagery, learn about industry trends at the seminars and sessions, and network with peers.